When Doña Ana María de Cárdenas began to give away and sell part of her land at the beginning of the 19th century, she hardly imagined that she was initiating the birth of one of the most beautiful and distinguished cities in the Central Valley of Costa Rica.
Doña Ana María was the owner of the lands of much part of the current canton of Santa Ana and, according to the historians, she decided to donate part of her land to cultivate and populate them. The farm was part of the canton of Escazú.
Due to its proximity to the community of Escazú, and to the characteristics of the evolution of that time, its evolution was slow. In 1873, the Central School of Santa Ana (administration of Don Tomás Guardia Gutiérrez) was created and it was not until 1972 when it entered in functions of the School of Santa Ana.