With 143 paradisiacal beaches, 4 active volcanoes and 34 national parks, biological reserves and wildlife refuges, it is not easy to select the best destinations to visit during the summer in Costa Rica.
We could talk about beaches like Junquillal, Brasilito and Tamarindo in Guanacaste; Jacó, Esterillos and Manuel Antonio in Puntarenas; Cahuita, Puerto Vargas and Gandoca in Limón; and volcanoes such as Irazú and Arenal and National Parks such as Marino Ballena (in the Pacific) and Tortuguero (in the Atlantic).
Thanks to Costa Rica’s size, it is possible to travel from border to border (Panama/Nicaragua) and access to the most distant natural treasures in just a few hours.
But there are impressive and less known beauty places which are irresistible tourist destinations for those who want to enjoy Costa Rican nature away from the crowds that flock to the beaches during the summer season. Some of those places are:
- Prusia: A forest of eucalyptus and conifers with 16 km of trails perfect for those who want to walk and enjoy a lunch with friends in the refreshing atmosphere of the Irazú National Park located just a few km away from the city of Cartago.
- San Juanillo: One of the most beautiful natural scenes that anyone can imagine, consisting of two small beaches divided by a rock formation. Near the beaches of Marbella, Ostional, Nosara and Garza there is the canton of Santa Cruz, Guanacaste.
- Catarata Diamante: A magic waterfall located in the Barú district, canton of Pérez Zeledón, right between fruit tree plantations. It has pools of refreshing water and a 366 meters waterfall next to the caverns where it is possible to spend the night in tents.
- Toro Amarillo Waterfall: Amazing like so many other waterfalls in Costa Rica but with the bonus that the visitor does not have to walk a lot to enjoy it. It is located near the town of Bajos del Toro between the communities of Naranjo and Sarchí in the province of Alajuela.
- Sacramento, San José de la Montaña: A beautiful country town located near the city of Heredia with a spectacular panoramic view of the Central Valley.
Costa Rica has the best tourist destinations for having an adventure or relax, you only need to choose a place, plan the trip and get in the vehicle to begin your journey.
A rental vehicle
To make the most of your trip to Costa Rica is ideal to have a comfortable, safe vehicle in excellent condition, and for that you can count on Rioja Rent a Car. Our fleet of vehicles is made up by latest model vehicles; 4×4, Pick Up and SUV vehicles for either personal, family or group use.
In addition, we offer you additional services, such as a prepaid mobile phone, optional insurance, a bilingual driver, GPS, transfer, these services are provided 24 hours a day, every day of the week to solve any problem you can have.
Contact Us! We offer you the best service at the best price!Tags:touristic destinations, Beach, rent vehicles, tourism, End of the year vacations, 4x4 vehicles, SUV vehicles